Ride Date: Sunday 24 March 2019
Ride Base: Adelong Showground, Todd Road Adelong NSW
As event organisers we provide you with the following support:
- Water and nutrition at checkpoints
- Support vehicles patrolling the courses to assist with repairs (no private support vehicles are permitted)
- Police presence and motorbikes patrolling the course
- Emergency phone number of event organisers
- Signage to provide direction on courses
- Toilets located at checkpoints
- Lunch for cyclists riding the 144 km: salad roll, coffee, tea, sports drink [soft drinks can be purchased if required]
- Toilets, showers and change facilities available at the start/finish lines
- Drink Voucher for all entrants (Coffee, Wine, Beer, Soft drink)
As a rider, it is your responsibility to be self-sufficient while participating in this event. You should be capable of performing a basic repair and ensure you have sufficient water and nutrition to complete your chosen distance.
Mobile phone coverage is very limited on the course.
There will be a police presence with motorcycle patrols as well as roaming support vehicles along the course to assist participants if required.
Any human-powered cycle that is legal to be ridden on NSW roads can be ridden in the event. This includes two-wheelers, recumbents, tandems, three-wheeled racing wheelchairs (for riders with disabilities) and electric power-assisted pedal-cycles (pedalecs).
Tandems with a pilot and stoker may enter. Both riders must register and fill in relevant insurance. Please contact us with your separate entry details as we will issue only one electronic timer chip to be fixed in the normal way.
Snowy Valleys Cycle Challenge is an inclusive cycling event and open to riders 12 years and over. Riders under the age of 18 years are required to be accompanied by a responsible adult.